.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Christina Aguilera: Healing After A Hard Time

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2011/news/110328/christina-aguilera-240.jpgChristina Aguilera has a very important lesson to teach the contestants she'll be coaching on The Voice. And it has nothing to do with singing.

"The most important thing for me to do is talk about the ups and downs of my career and, in light of the past year, the things that happen on stage," says the singer, who's suffered a series of personal and professional missteps in 2011, including flubbing the lyrics to the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.

"At the end of the day, you can prove to yourself that you are strong enough to get back up on that stage," she told reporters Monday while promoting the new NBC show, which premieres April 26.

"I can laugh about my hiccups because I'm getting through it. I'm healing after a really hard time in my life. I've gone through a really tough divorce – it's an uprooting time."

All the more reason, she says, to throw herself into work. The upcoming singing competition series came at "the perfect time in my life," she says. "I'm revealing a lot on this show, and a side of myself that I think many people have never seen before."

So what can fans expect from the Grammy winner in her new reality TV role?

"We have three irreverent naughty boys and Christina is the rock," says co-executive producer Mark Burnett of Aguilera's fellow coaches, Blake Shelton, Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine. "She is the voice of reason among those naughty boys.

"I've taken on the momma role," says the singer (and real-life mom to son Max, 3, with ex husband Jordan Bratman) of her place on the coaching panel.

Credit: PEOPLE (Patrick Gomez)