.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vanessa Hudgens: Hollywood is a 'Dog-Eat-Dog World'



Vanessa Hudgens: Hollywood is a 'Dog-Eat-Dog World'
Vanessa Hudgens is profiled in a new Actor’s Craft article from the L.A. Times.
The 22-year-old actress opens up about her love for the art, standing up for yourself and getting past her past. Check it:
On picking her future roles: “After High School Musical, I was not looking for another musical. I was just kind of looking for a different character or an interesting director to work with. Things have fallen into place in a beautiful way. I can’t say it was planned out step by step. It’s just the way the world works. At the end of the day, my mom helps me. Of course, I have my agents and my manager who put in their two cents. But if I don’t like something, I’m not gonna do it.”
On her relationship with Zac Efron: “It was interesting, but we got to a point where it was just like, we just can’t pay attention, because one week we’d be married and then the next week we’d be broken up and the next week I would have a baby. It was just the most obscene things.”
On reliving her 2007 picture scandal again and again: “It’s just silly because I’m a very present person, and that’s the thing that has been so in the past. The fact that somebody keeps bringing up the past is just selfish. I mean, it sucks. I already released a statement the first time it happened. It’s just unfortunate that it keeps reminding people about the past and not the present.”
On keeping her head up: “You really have to stay strong, because times get tough. Especially in this business. It’s a dog-eat-dog world. There’s so many amazing actresses who got taken advantage of. Someone like Natalie Wood, one of my idols — who knows what happened to her? She was on a boat that was mysteriously in the water, and now she’s dead. A lot of women get walked all over on by not standing up for themselves, and that’s just not what I’m about. I’m figuring myself out now as a young adult more than I ever have. It’s like my eyes are opening and I’m awakening to controlling my future.”