.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Details on the Andie and Damon Scene That Got Lost on Cutting Room Floor


Damon and Andie Come Home in Season 2, Episode 19: "Klaus"
Photo Credit: Bob MahoneyThe CW ©2011 The CW Network, LLC
Photo: 
Damon and Andie return to a surprise at the Salvatore House. There goes any chance of sexytime in the tub.
The sad truth about TV? We don’t see all of it. For every full episode, there’s tons of extra footage that never makes it past the cutting room floor. And while probably not all of it is Emmy-worthy, we can bet we miss at least a few choice moments every once in awhile.

In fact, producers omitted a pretty cool moment just last week: a “poignant” scene between Andie Star and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) from “The Last Day,” according to Dawn Olivieri (Andie Star).

The actress took her Twitter to express her disappointment about the emo moment getting the last-minute boot:

“Yeah that last scene was nice but they cut the most beautiful moment from it at the end...was a little disappointed, but that's how it goes...”

She added: “It wasn't a scene they cut, it was a beat, at the very end..when damon went to me and picked my face up to compel me I looked up at him with hope thinking he had decided to "let me stay" but when I realized he was doing it again (compelling me) I whipped my head to the side averting my eyes pleading for him to stop.... pained, he pulled my head around and through my fervently powerless tears, he forced his compulsion...leaving Andie unconscious yet again... a beautiful poingint struggle that never saw the light of screen. Her final attempt..So sad...its moments like that... that matter.”

Okay, so we didn’t get to catch the poignant moment — but we sure do love Dawn’s own poignant recount. Kinda (almost) makes up for it.