.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kim Kardashian Gets Engaged with 20-Carat Ring from Kris Humphries

Well, how about that? Reality television icon Kim Kardashian has gotten engaged to boyfriend Kris Humphries.

The NBA star got down on one knee in her bedroom last week after a whirlwind, six-month romance.

The happy couple confirmed the news in People Magazine.

Kardashian, 30, says, “I didn’t expect this at all. I was in such shock. I never thought it would happen at home, and I never thought now.”

The New Jersey Nets player, 26, presented Kim with a custom-made, 20.5-carat Lorraine Schwartz diamond engagement ring.

Humphries picked out for the ring with the help of her manager mother Kris Jenner.

He simply says, “I just knew I wanted it to be big.”

Humphries popped the question by writing “Will you marry me?” in rose petals on her bed in her $4.8 million Beverly Hills home.

“Kris really didn’t want a big celebration, but he had jokingly told my mom he’d be fine if there were mini-horses there,” says Kardashian. “Later that night at

Fans of Keeping Up With The Kardashians know that Kim has wanted to settle down for a long time. She even went and picked out a different engagement ring for herself back in 2009 when she was dating Reggie Bush.

When little sis Khloe Kardashian was planning her marriage to Lamar Odom just a month after they began dating, Kim was complaining it should be her and Bush getting married.

Well, now she will get to take the plunger herself. Congratulations, Kim and Kris!