.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kristin Cavallari Talks About Her New Shoe

http://www.ology.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/kristin_cavallari.jpgKristin Cavallari may be known for being reality TV's resident mean girl, but she's more focused on the things she's really passionate about -- like being a wife, working behind the scenes and giving back. The 24-year-old, newly engaged Hills alum has teamed up with Shoedazzle.com to create a custom-designed shoe for charity. The flirty, pink platform wedges, named "Bardot," are on sale now for a great cause! One hundred percent of the proceeds go to Kristin's charity, OneKid OneWorld.

Kristin took the time to chat with Ology about her soon-to-be hubby Jay Cutler, the "reality" of television, and of course, her adorable new wedges.

First of all, congrats on the engagement! Do you have a wedding date set?

No. I mean, we're still in the very, very early stages. But my guess is it will be next spring.

How did you get involved with ShoeDazzle?

Let's see, I think it was last summer when I had my first design meeting, but they do this thing every month or every couple months with a new celebrity where they donate a huge chunk of the proceeds to their charity. So I was actually in Kenya in March with my charity helping rebuild schools and [saw] where all my money is going. I thought this would be a great way to raise money for my charity.

You're charity is "One Kid One World." Can you tell us about that?

What we do is we help rebuild schools in Kenya and El Salvador and we bring them school supplies, soccer balls, we pay for their teachers' salaries. We sponsor kids over in Kenya, so we pay for their education and uniforms for some of the schools.

Your shoe design is adorable. It's very girly. What made you go with that design?

Thanks! Well, I wanted to do something that I wear and I love wedges. Wedges are obviously very popular in the spring and summer. And I wanted to do a fun color because it's my first shoe and I wanted to make a statement. So I chose that really pretty fuchsia color because I thought it was great for spring and it is very girly and pretty.

Will we see you return to TV anytime soon?

I'm in the middle of casting a reality show that I'm going to produce, which I'll be on an episode or two, but as far as my own show or anything, no.

Credit: Ology (Sharon Tharp)