.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Miley & Katy's Song Cover Showdown!


Both Miley Cyrus & Katy Perry took major chances by covering unpredictable song choices while on tour this week!  Miley ramped up the crowd by performing Nirvana's hit tune Smells Like Teen Spirit during her Ecuador tour stop while Katy decided to sing her own rendition of Rebecca Black's song Friday
Which starlet had the best cover though!?  We're breaking down both performances in this edition of the Hollywire Hot Minute

Cyrus prefaced her performance by explaining the song choice to the excited crowd, “I have a lot of fans come up and tell me that I inspire them and make them want to follow their dreams,” she said. “And so this one I want to be able to do the music that inspired me and made me want to be here on this stage tonight.”
“And also it’s hard living on the road because you miss your family back home and this song is something I always sing with my little brother who can’t be with me here on tour,” she added. “So this song is also for him.”  Cute!  We thought she did a rockin' job!  Agreed!?

Perry chose a slow-downed version of Friday for not such 'emotional' reasons, telling her Australian audience, “All magical things happen on a Friday."  Ha!