.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Talent and The Lying Game Star Alexandra Chando Admits She Totally Watches Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries


Because 10 little facts about Alexandra Chando, the newbie who’s starring inTalent and the upcoming ABC Family show The Lying Game, aren’t enough, we wanted to sit down with Alexandra and talk about, ya know, the juicy stuff. And it’s a good thing she obliged, because she gave us amazing relationship advice, told us how to really make it in the entertainment industry, and even told us that she’s BFF with one of the Vampire Diaries hotties!
Alexandra: She’s very ambitious. And one of her friends, Harper, gets a chance to go to LA and potentially get her big break in the music industry, she jumps on that train. Harper appoints her as her manager, and Danielle kind of navigates the two of them through LA, and Harper’s career and tries to make everything work. She’s very smart.
Teen.com: Are you as street smart as she is?
Alexandra: I lived on my own when I was living in New York City when I was 18, working on a show. And that definitely kind of grows you up a little faster than a normal 18-year-old in college, so I think so. I think I’ve got some street smarts.
Teen.com: Danielle and Harper are BFFs but they work together. Would you or have you ever worked with a close friend?
Alexandra: There’s definitely got to be some sort of line that you draw, because you need to kind of wear two hats, like the friend hat and the business hat. So that’s kind of a tricky thing. I don’t know. It would be awesome to work with my best friend because we’d have so much fun together on set. But I don’t know, in the business world it might get a little…
Teen.com: Would you ever live with a best friend?
Alexandra: I have a couple of best friends, and I don’t think I would live with them. It definitely… certain people can’t live together, and I think that it could potentially put a lot of strain on the relationship or friendship.
Teen.com: Danielle shows Harper you have to work hard to be famous. What advice do you have for people who want to make it like Harper did?
Alexandra: It’s knowing the right people and getting in with the right people at the right time. But it’s all about who you are as well. To be in the music industry, to be in any kind of entertainment industry, you really, really have to be passionate about it and love it and persevere, because if that passion isn’t there, it’s easy to give up. If you really want it, the ambition is there, it’ll come. It’s definitely harder work than some people think.
Teen.com: Danielle has a scandalous relationship with Harper’s agent. What’s the most important relationship advice you’ve ever learned?
Alexandra: You really need to start with respecting yourself. Obviously a good guy is necessary, but it all starts with respecting yourself and once you respect yourself then you can pinpoint the way you should be treated. It gets easier with age to pinpoint who the good ones are than the bad ones. And if you’re not being treated properly, you can tell. I know there are many, many girls who stay in relationships when they shouldn’t.
Teen.com: That’s great advice! Let’s talk about The Lying Game. We heard you were sick while filming the pilot?!
Alexandra: Yeah. I was sick for 5 out of the 10 days we were shooting. There are a bunch of scenes when you can actually tell, I’m like really nasal and congested in some, and I’m totally fine in another because we obviously shot out of order. They went and bought us all kinds of stuff so we would not sound sick. It was pretty miserable. It was freezing too. The night we shot the record release party was almost in the 40’s. It was freezing.
Teen.com: Why should people tune into the show when it starts in August?
Alexandra: It’s from Alloy, and Alloy makes awesome, awesome shows and films. Same producers as Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars. But the show itself, it’s a really great story about friends and about sisters and it’s funny. It’s a good show for teens especially dealing with a lot of issues that are relevant and prevalent. We’re all very excited, I can’t wait to start shooting again. It can’t come soon enough.
Teen.com: Do you watch any of those other Alloy shows? Vampire Diaries or Gossip Girl?
Alexandra: Yes. I have seen every episode of Gossip Girl. I still watch it! And my friendZach Roerig is on Vampire Diaries, so I started watching that for him and then I got kind of pulled into it as well.
Teen.com: Cool! Will we be seeing any love triangles on The Lying Game
Alexandra: I am sure you will see love triangles. There is definitely some potential for many. Stay tuned!
We are so staying tuned! Have you seen Alexandra in Talent? Will you watch her in The Lying Game this summer? Tell us now in the comments!