.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lamar Odom Almost Quit 'Khloe and Lamar'


112755620-1303420657
Photo Credit: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images
Photo: 
Lamar Odom receives his trophy for the NBA’s 6th Man of the Year. Congrats, Lam Lam!
Khloe Kardashian tried to warn L.A. Lakers hubby that filming Khloe andLamar would be draining.

"We literally film our shows seven days a week for 12 to 18 hours a day,” Khloe tells The Los Angeles Times. “They want you to be at your wit's end and tired. I think he thought we could send the cameras away whenever you want, but you can't. And I didn't want to put him under that pressure. He has his first career," she added, referring to Lamar's basketball career.

Lamar says Khloe was right — and after a few days, he wanted out. But it was too late.

"I realized how tough and demanding it was going to be," he says. "I was like, 'I don't think I could do this."

Because of his skepticism, the show almost never made it to air. Oh, the horrors!

"If he has a bad practice, he'll come back kind of with an attitude and needs like an hour to unwind," Khloe says. "But my camera crew don't care. They're like 'Nope, come on.'"

Many fans are blaming the Lakers' recent losses on what they see as Lamar's preoccupation with his "new" career as reality star.

Lamar insists basketball is still his number one priority. "The Lakers, of course, had their concerns when I went into this, but I made the promise to them that I would remain the same player, if not try to get better," he said.

Jeff Jenkins, an executive at Bunim-Murray Productions, which producesKhloe & Lamar, originally thought the taping of the show would be less stressful on Lamar during the NBA off-season, but the power forward said that would not work.

"He was like, 'No, no, no. I'm boring when it's offseason. I just sleep. We need to shoot this now, because this is my life,'" Jenkins told FOX Sports.

Khloe says that Lamar, who is a veteran basketball player, now gets recognized because of the show.

"Lamar tells me all the time that he has fans that are like, 'Oh, you're on the Kardashian show!' And he's like, 'I am now known for the Kardashian show? I've been in the NBA for 12 years.'"