.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Whitney Eve Spring 2012 -- Watercolor Florals

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Whitney+Port+Whitney+Port+Kelly+Bensimon+Book+Gp3bvW5YZlIl.jpgThread NY caught up with The City alum Whitney Port at Coca-Cola's 125th birthday event and the launch of its commemorative book with Assouline. She talked about the progress of her fashion line, Whitney Eve, and revealed her summer must-haves. 

Tell us what’s new with your fashion line Whitney Eve?

I’m working on my spring collection right now, Spring 2012, and just gearing that up for fashion week. I think the collection has grown a lot and I can’t wait to show it. 

Any hints on what it’s going to look like?

There are a lot of florals in the collection, watercolor florals.

What’s the most challenging part of being a designer?

I don’t have any formal technical training in fashion. I just kind of went into it blind. I’m just trying to learn through the process. It’s definitely not easy, but I am proud to say that I think I have grown a lot as a designer since I started. 

What's on your summer must-haves list?

A good bathing suit. Scarves, you can wear them with anything. A pair of fun sandals. I am loving Missoni Havaianas right now. I have every pair. 

What summer trends are you loving right now?

I am always just into cut-off jean shorts and a white tee-shirt. You really can’t go wrong with that.

Credit: Thread NY